Last spring, her art teacher selected one of her pieces of art to be in a show, the North Carroll County Illustrator's Extravaganza. She won Honorable Mention in the K-5th grade division for her picture inspired by "Where the Wild Things Are."


Last week, we were notified that another art teacher selected one of her pieces of art to be displayed in the Carroll County Children's Art Show at the Arts Council. Art teachers from all of the elementary and middle schools picked about 5 pieces of artwork from each grade level. Afton's piece that was selected was a Buffalo Hide from her Native American Art unit. Our family went to a reception for the exhibitors on Thursday. It was a fun evening. Amazing to see what little artists can create!


After we went to the show, we all went out to eat and we were having some major problems with static electricity.


We are proud of Afton and her desire to develop this talent.
6 comments:
I atest to Afton's artistic abilty! One day in church I was trying to draw a person and she says "here let me show you" and she did! And her person was a lot better than mine. At the time, 7, she already dwarfed my drawing ability.
We love Afton!!
Where are the 80's dance pictures?
Sounds like fun! You've got a talented girl on your hands. I can hardly believe how grown up they are.
Several years ago, I noticed Afton was mesmerized by some very modern art in a restaurant. I had not even noticed it until Afton started asking questions about it. She has had an artistic eye from an early age. It has been exciting to watch it develop. Way to go Artstar!
I am so glad to see a post about one of the girls! Way to go Afton. Keep up those creative juices flowing!
And I also want to see the 80's dance pictures!
That is great! What a wonderful talent to have. Good job Afton.
Post a Comment