Saturday, March 1, 2008

"My Sweetheart" Tag

I opened my big mouth and gave Amy a hard time about not filling out her "Tag" from Bryce. Now she has tagged me :-)



What's his name? Todd Alton Benner
How long have you been married? 10 years this Aug 14th
How long did you date? We dated for 7 months (got engaged after 5)
How old is he? He is 33...YES, younger than ME (and NEVER lets me forget it)
Who eats more? For sure, Todd
Who is taller? This is a funny question, Todd is about 3 inches taller than I am, but I almost didn't date him because I thought he was too short.
Who said 'I love you' first? Todd
Who does the laundry? I do, but Todd does help fold on Tues, Wed and Thurs nights when we watch "American Idol" - yes, I have to do AT LEAST one load of laundry a day.
Who does the dishes? We share, but I usually prefer to do them while Todd gets the kids ready for bed.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do for now, we recently switched because Todd thought he should sleep by the windows (since it is colder on that side), once we switched I realized he REALLY wanted to switch because the right side is closer to the door and when kids wake up, they come STRAIGHT to the right side...which is now straight to me, that stinker!
Who cooks dinner? I do, Todd brings pizza or subs home on Movie Night, that is about it.
Who sings better? Todd, for sure...but I have a pretty good "rocker" voice - when no one is around, of course.
Who drives when you are together? Todd
Who is more stubborn? Me, no further comment
Who is smarter? Pretty equally matched
Who kissed who first? Todd made the first move, but I was all for it!
Who asked who out first? This is debatable...when we first met, he was on Christmas Break from school and I asked him to come over to my apartment for a Family Home Evening (and then I had to quickly call my roommate and ask her to help me call all of our friends and put together a cool FHE for the next night). After FHE, he asked me out on a "real" date. So, he says I asked him out first and I say he asked me out first - I'll let you decide.
Who proposed? He did, I was completely surprised with a nice dinner, roses and horse drawn carriage. It was a wonderful evening.
Who is more sensitive? Definitely me, although Todd is very tender when it comes to me and the kids.
Who has more friends? About the same, most of our friends are other couples.
Who has more siblings? I do
Who wears the pants in the family? Todd leads our family with love, but we discuss everything on equal terms to make decisions. He is NOT a "lay down the law" kind of guy and that is one of the things I love about him.


That's it! I have seen a lot of "Sweetheart Tags" lately and I love reading them. So, I tag Todd (I am trying to get him to contribute a post on our blog), Ashley, Suzanne, Deon and anyone else who needs and idea for a post.

2 comments:

The Spiveys said...

Good luck getting Todd to post something...I've been trying to get Kris to do it for 2 years now and still nothing!!

Nana said...

I think you and Todd are a perfect match...and I knew that the "minute" I met him in the church foyer. Mothers Know Best! It took a lot of work to get you to follow up on my impression but you did. Your obedience paid off. You two are great together!