Wednesday, March 26, 2008

EEEEECCK!

I woke up early this morning to do this:

and while getting ready, I saw this:

scurrying across our BEDROOM floor! NOT a good way to start the day!

I am sharing this in hopes that someone will be able to ease the sheer terror and sickness I am feeling from having a mouse in my bedroom. It was actually running from under my bed into the closet (where I assume it came from). Our closet is directly over our garage and we have had two mice in our garage over the four years that we have lived here. The man from Terminex told me that mice tend to go 10 feet in all directions from where they first enter a house.

Last Saturday, my neighbor found a mouse (well, never really FOUND the mouse) but there was evidence of a mouse in her car - the mouse had gotten into a WHOLE bag of jelly beans. I am thinking that same mouse got fat on the jelly beans and then rolled down the hill into MY garage and up into my bedroom closet! So anyway, wish me luck in catching that little sucker so that I can go back to having a restful nights sleep!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Since no one else is commenting, I will comment and say that I am terrified of mice (as you know) and can't even bear to look at the picture of one on your blog. They are so sneaky and gross!

Chuck Gates said...

If he only went 10 feet from his entry point, then this sucker flew into the second story. He traveled 10 feet just going from the first floor to the second.

It is weird though to see a mouse in a place with no real food. But that is the joys of living in the country. Your neighborhood needs more cats, but not in your house.