Sunday, March 9, 2008

My love for "Steen"


What's her name? Christine Perry Benner
How long have you been married? 10 years this Aug 14th
How long did you date? We dated for 7 months (got engaged after 5)
Who eats more? What kind of question is that? Looks to me like the start of a good fight.
Who is taller? I am taller than Christine -- this is a fact we prove every time she gets a new pair of shoes and thinks she has finally outpaced me.
How old is she? Old enough for me not to publicly announce it -- Momma didn't raise no dummy.
Who said 'I love you' first? I did.
Who does the laundry? Like most domestic tasks, this is a shared responsibility with Christine doing more than I. I don't know how she does all that she does but I do appreciate her for it.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Christine said: "I do for now, we recently switched because Todd thought he should sleep by the windows (since it is colder on that side), once we switched I realized he REALLY wanted to switch because the right side is closer to the door and when kids wake up, they come STRAIGHT to the right side...which is now straight to me, that stinker!" I know most of you read that on her post, but I thought the shear genius of this maneuver deserved a second look.
Who cooks dinner? Christine is a fantastic cook, so I try not to throw off her rhythm.
Who sings better? Looks like the start of another fight. I do sing better than "Steen", but she has improved considerably since we purchased "Rock Band". She is actually a much better singer than she gives herself credit for.
Who drives when you are together? It is true that I am in the driver's seat with my hands on the wheel when we are together, but with all of the verbal help Christine lends, I cannot take full credit for the driving effort.
Who is more stubborn? I will defer to my wife on this one.
Who is smarter? Christine is one of the smartest people I know -- just one of the many things I love about her.
Who kissed who first? I initiated and she more than reciprocated. I won't go into any details because some of you might be reading this with your children close by.
Who asked who out first? Christine covered this in detail. Besides, the real story is on the "accidentally" left behind coat in my car after the 1st real date. To this day, she still denies she left it on purpose, but I would like to know if anyone out there believes my responsible (and perpetually cold) wife didn't realize where her coat was.
Who proposed? I did.
Who is more sensitive? Christine is more sensitive -- One time when I came home early from work, she was watching TV on the couch and crying. I thought it was an Oprah-induced moment, but it turns out she was watching a show on CMT (country music television) about some NASCAR driver.
Who has more friends? I agree -- about the same.
Who has more siblings? Christine
Who wears the pants in the family? That's easy -- Afton, Leah, Nick and Noah.

3 comments:

Deon said...

Hysterical - you should post more often.

Ashley said...

I loved the post Todd. Tine crying watching CMT is hilarious. She hasn't lost too much of the country girl in her.

Rachel said...

Cool blog Benners! Glad we found you