Friday, November 7, 2008

Thank you

I have been overwhelmed with gratitude for so many things as we have learned about Nicholas' diagnosis.

Let me tell you what I am grateful for today (in NO particular order):
1. AWESOME neighbors who saved the day when I had to go to the ER with Nicholas and Todd was out of town
2. Friends who have helped with the kids while we were in the hospital for 4 days
3. Friends who came to my house and cleaned (now THOSE are some GOOD friends)so that I would have a CLEAN house to come home to because my mind was so CLUTTERED otherwise
4. Friends who have cooked dinners for us
5. Friends who checked in on how we were doing

6. Family who rallied around us
7. My mom came up to be with the kids so Todd and I could focus on learning the things we needed to learn to manage Nick's diabetes
8. My kids who have been awesome in supporting Nicholas and Todd and I as we have had to be away a lot lately - I have much love and admiration for them!
9. My dear hubby who holds me when I cry and ALWAYS makes me laugh when I need it the most. I am just so grateful that I get to be with him forever...

10. For WONDERFUL doctors, nurses, and patient educators at the hospital. Nick still asks about his nurses and wants to go visit them..."but NOT to have another sleepover, just to SEE them." They made the whole stay as enjoyable and comfortable as it could have possibly been under the circumstances. Nicholas had a great time being a "ninja", a "pirate", and "showing his moves" to all of his new friends at the hospital. I hope the dear nurses are able to get some work done now that their little ninja patient has gone home.

11. For one heck of a resilient son who loves to "show his moves" in any situation. He can hardly stop dancing to the music in his head while he is talking to me. That will cheer anyone up :-)

12. And last, I am grateful for the peace and comfort I received as I prayed about this new change in our lives.

We are blessed, indeed!

6 comments:

Nana said...

Let me be the first to say...
I love that boy!!! He was so much fun to be around,even when he wasn't feeling his best. His co-operation was amazing. Dr. Benner and nurse, Christine...You all are doing a great job! I too am thankful for all those who helped that first week. Miss you guys!

Suzanne said...

Wow! Those are some serious moves. I think we need to see a dance off between Steen and Toad to determine where these moves come from. Nick is such a strong boy and we are so proud of him for handling all this so well. We can't to see the family in just 1 week!!

I am so glad you are feeling some peace and comfort. That has been my prayer for you. Love you!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I am so glad he is doing well. He is such a cute little guy.

Jodee said...

What a trooper! I hope things are going well for you all! We are thinking of you!

Meredith said...

I feel for you and your son. I know a family from Kernersville Ward who's son was diagnosed with this diabetes when he was about 2 years old. As far as I know, he is doing really well.

Anonymous said...

Christine- some friend I am! This has been going on for awhile and I just found out tonight. You really need to talk to my sister. Conor (her oldest) was diagnosed with diabetes when he was 17 months old. He is now in kindergarten and doing awesome. I am sorry to hear that you have trials going on in your lives, but I am so glad to hear that you are being well cared for. Take care! Jerilyn