Saturday, July 26, 2008

Stop 2 - Washington, NC

After our visit in Kernersville, we headed over toward the coast of NC, a little place called Washington. My sisters and I all met at my mom's house. We had 5 adults, 7 grandkids, 2 guinea pigs and 25 bats - cozy. Here are some highlights (and lowlights) from that part of our trip:

We added two guniea pigs to our family (Lucky and Fluffy) and you can decide for yourself if that is a "high"light or "low"light (thanks Nana).

We made dune buggies at the local Lowes Hardware Store


We went to the pool

We enjoyed some fun on the slip 'n' slide

We went to the NC Estuarium

We learned about caterpillars and butterflies at the local library story time.
We enjoyed hanging out on the dock and seeing animals in their natural habitats

We DID NOT enjoy taking Lucy to the ER because she got 2nd degree burns on her arm and hand. I was ironing on a small ironing board on the floor (because the laundry room was being used as one of the babies sleeping quarters) and in the chaos of getting ready for church, I unplugged the iron, but did not put it up on the table :-( Lucy was a trooper and is recovering quickly.

We DID NOT enjoy seeing 25 bats fly out from behind one of the shutters at my mom's home (no pics of that one). After being awakened at 5am a few mornings by the sound of scurrying and rustling, I asked my mom and Larry if they thought they had a mouse. Turns out that they had bats living behind the shutters of the bonus room - eek! After they cleared out the 25 bats, I slept soundly the rest of the trip.

We also managed to get some professional group shots of everyone (minus the bats and guinea pigs).

There were many opportunities to break out in dance...and YES that is some vintage "Poison" that you hear in the background when Noah is grooving in his carseat - don't make fun of me...you know the words to "Every Rose Has A Thorn" too!

The BEST part of the whole week was just being together! We love and miss all of our family! Thanks for such a fun trip.

4 comments:

Jodee said...

What an adorable family you have. I love the pictures with your sisters and mom, so sweet!

Carter Family said...

What a fun trip! Those pictures turned out awesome! Things like that are so priceless. Man, oh, man, those kids can groove! Did Afton teach them those break dancing moves? I know that she was working on some. Next time, I vote that we see more Christine dancing, yeah baby!

Amy

Ty KT Family said...

I'm a little slow to comment- we loved having you guys here. Marshal and Porter had such a nice time this last week hanging out with Afton and Leah. I am sorry that Afton felt frightened about Harry Potter 3 hope it was just temporary. I loved hearing Comments in Primary class-she is a thinker! Hope you guys have a great finish to your summer.

Ty KT Family said...

That was supposed to say I loved hearing Afton's comments in primary class.