Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day

Today is Earth Day. Leah has been studying ways to "Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle" for the past few weeks. As part of this unit, she was to create something new out of something old. We found a fun little project using old dish soap bottles here.

Leah and I gathered some yarn, a dish soap bottle, an old wooden spoon and went to work.
Her little dollie turned out quite cute and she was very excited about it.


Today, all the Kindergarten classes invited families to their "Green Museum" where we got to see each child's project. It was fun and great to see all the different ideas. Hope you all find some way to honor this beautiful earth in which we live and have a Happy Earth Day!

3 comments:

Nana said...

Leah's kindergarten class does such great things. I was so impressed when I visited her class. I love her dollie!

Chuck Gates said...

So cute and GREEN!

Ty KT Family said...

Christine-

This comment really has nothing to do with Earth Day, although I really loved the doll you made! I just wanted you to know I have been thinking of you and the bathing suit incidence with your girls. I just want you to know that I think you and Todd are amazing parents and that we all face things like this-ok so its not swimsuits with my boys but I could tell you other stories. I really loved Elder Cooks talk 2 conferences ago(I think) It gave me a lot of hope in regards to raising righteous kids where-ever you live. If I was really savy I could link you there but alas, I am an amateur. Hope it inspires you like it did me. Katie