Sunday, November 4, 2007

Go West!

Happy Halloween! Our theme this year was "Cowboys and Indians." Leah was an Indian Princess (she preferred to be called Sacajawea), Afton was a cowgirl, Nick a cowboy and Noah was the trusty steed! We had fun coming up with and making the costumes (I made the girls' costumes, not the boys').
Here is my gang:



Here is our "trick-or-treating" posse:


Nick and his "trusty steed"-Noah. I actually got this idea for costumes because Nicholas constantly uses Noah as his horsey. Believe it or not, Noah is in BOTH of these pictures...and don't worry, I did save him from the crazy cowboy!

We had a great Halloween night, and hope you all did too! Nicholas really got into Trick or Treating this year. He kept up with the big girls all over our neighborhood!
The kids always love Halloween, because the next day they have new dress-ups to play with all year (I won't let them play in their costumes until AFTER Halloween is over and all the pictures have been taken - uptight mom).

3 comments:

Nana said...

Great Fun!! I loved seeing their outfits. We studied Sacagawea today. Did you know her picture is on the gold dollar coin? The last two pictures are adorable. Looks like Nick rode his horsey into the ground.

Lisa said...

I love the costumes!

Anonymous said...

With all seriousness, I can not believe you made these costumes. Really, they are very nice.