Saturday, November 17, 2007

It's Been Awhile

It's been awhile since I have blogged, why you ask...let me count the reasons. First, and foremost, and I have had sick children. Fevers and spots and headache and puke...the list goes on and on. Here are some pictures of my sweet little Noah who woke up with a fever and covered with spots. At first, I thought he had the chicken pox (he has not been vaccinated yet), but he did not. It was either some sort of allergic reaction or a virus - who really knows. The doctor actually said "I have a whole lot of nothing for you" when I took him in. He made it through just fine and then a week later all of his siblings ended up with high fevers and a terrible headache (which caused the girls to throw up). I am happy to report that everyone is well and back to school now.





I was also busy with Relief Society, getting ready for our Super Saturday. I spent a lot of time running errands and on the phone. One particular day, I was on the phone a little too long. As you can see below, Nicholas decided to "tattoo" himself with a permanent marker. Luckily, it was only on him and not the floors, the walls, or the cabinets.

Lastly, I decided (right before the holidays - go figure) to try and potty train Nicholas. He is really catching on. However, I have only potty trained little girls, so this is a new experience for me. Needless to say, the first time I got shot in the shoulder with his pee, I was a bit shocked! Nicholas just giggled and said "I got you Mommy!" Nicholas has been running around in his underwear, "glubs" and "helmet" (as he calls them) all week - see picture below. I think we are pretty much there, but any of my friends who have potty trained a boy and want to give me some helpful hints, I welcome them!


6 comments:

Suzanne said...

I don't even know what to say about those two boys. Noah is the chunkiest chunk! And Nicholas, well, he is just too cute, even when he misbehaves. However the picture of him wearing the undies, hat and gloves could be used as blackmail in the future!

Deon said...

LOVE the photos - I have similar photos for blackmail purposes of Brian when he was potty training. He had his "sword", aka a wooden spoon, tucked in his underwear for weeks. Good thing he is on a mission now and can't read this! Bwa ha ha.

Nana said...

I can't help you with the boy thing but I think you are doing a wonderful job. I think I'm a little to blame for the tatooing party Nicholas was having. I remember hearing you shriek and quickly hanging up...I'll try not to call when the children are awake...love ya and miss ya!!

Anonymous said...

That Nicholas is so funny!! He's just got this look that seems to say 'Uh huh, these are my helmet and glubs...what of it?'

barbara said...

Hi to the Benner Bunch-
I am enjoying your blog. That Nicholas is a character! You have an adorable family with lots going on and I am learning stuff too - fix a flat spray will go in every car we have (with directions)

Amanda said...

Mitchell learned to use the potty by sitting backwards on the toilet seat so it was easier to point down and so I didn't have to wear his accidents.
I'm glad to see that Anna isn't the only tattoo artist in the ward... She prefers to use a rainbow of colors: purple, blue, yellow, pink...all together if I'm not fast enough. Luckily, I have managed to keep my sharpies under lock and key to this point. (Knock on wood!)
Deon--I hope you're not still using that spoon...