Friday, September 28, 2007
One Man's Trash is Another Man's Treasure
3:45 pm at our home is referred to as "The After School Rush." The girls come home from school and are usually accompanied by 3 or 4 of their friends. I look through their bags, feed them all a snack, make sure everyone is playing nicely (and safely) with one another all while trying to cook dinner. Now, I don't mind the chaos that ensues after school, I am glad that the kids want to bring their friends here to play, it is just that sometimes I have a hard time keeping track of all that I should be keeping track of. So, today in the midst of "The Rush" I opened the door to our trash can cabinet to throw away some snack bags...much to my surprise I found ALL of Nick's clothes PLUS two of his toys IN the trash can!! Okay, so I am not sure what possessed him to do this - was he mad, was he messy, did he just feel restricted by his clothing - I don't know, all I do know is that I looked out the window and saw him running around the backyard in only his diaper and in his sister's orange and pink striped tobaggon...Oh my!!! Anyway, I was able to salvage his clothing and toys, while, simultaneously, getting a good little chuckle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
SOOO funny! Savor the moments!
Deon
I found your link on the Calderwood's blog...It was fun to read an update on your family. I didn't know you had another baby. Congratulations! I hope you are all doing well in Maryland. My blog is coryandemily.blogspot.com
Post a Comment