Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mr. Independent

Nicholas dresses himself these days...here is a little sample:
Monday
His Superman Shirt is his absolute FAVORITE - WITH PJ bottoms, of course


Tuesday
Not a bad outfit, just questioning the shoe choice on this day


Wednesday
For some reason he tends to go to his pj drawer more than any other drawer, comfort maybe - who can really blame him?


Thursday
NO, we weren't planning on going swimming...BUT Nick was prepared JUST IN CASE he happened upon a pool


Friday
Again, not TOO bad, but the shirt is actually Noah's and is a "belly" shirt on Nick (you just can't tell in this photo)

Saturday
Feeling Sporty? The shirt is huge, it was a left over shirt from rec wrestling league that Todd coaches. Again, this shirt is usually used as pj's.


I like to encourage independence, but I spend A LOT of time trying to talk him into a "real" outfit when we are going out. I am beginning to think I may need to "guide" him a bit, perhaps I will use this organizing technique to help.

2 comments:

Promises to Keep said...

They are so proud of themselves how can we squash their self esteem with what we think they should wear? I let Katy Rose dress herself and some days she reminds me of the country song lyric.."Son, that isn't a prom date that's a cocktail waitress in a Dolly Parton wig." It is from the song Trashy Woman.

Amanda said...

I'm glad to see that Nicholas Benner chooses outfits that rival those of Anna Banana...They make a great pair!