Sunday, January 4, 2009

Our Escape Artist Strikes Again


On our New Year's Vacation we stayed in a condo. Each building only had two condos and we were in the condo on the ground floor. Early Tuesday morning there was a knock at our door. I went to the door, unlocked the dead bolt, and UNCHAINED THE UPPER CHAIN LOCK and there stood the upstairs condo occupant with NOAH in her arms! How did that happen you ask...I SCREAMED the same thing..."HOW DID YOU GET HIM?" She calmly told me that he was knocking on her door with my cell phone, and she figured he had to belong to us (thankfully there were only two condos in our little building and he chose to go to HER door as opposed to the FRONT door that leads straight into the parking lot).

Apparently, he reached up and pulled down the handle (which automatically unlocked the dead bolt) and then shimmied his way through the small opening the door made while the chain was still on. The lady was pretty nice about it, I think she thought we were irresponsible (and perhaps we are), but then she realized that the chain was on and he STILL managed to get out. The whole family was up and in and out of the kitchen, you would have thought someone would have noticed what he was doing. He is proving to be very FAST at his escape artistry.

Thankfully -
#1 She brought him back
#2 She did not call Child Protective Services
#3 He did not go out the front door into the parking lot

That little rascal...he tries to keep me on my toes.

4 comments:

Nurse Sarah said...

I'm so glad that Noah didn't get far! Your kids are so adorable. I'm glad to see that everyone has been doing so well.

The Spiveys said...

that is crazy!! good thing he didn't get too far. he's so cute i'm sure you couldn't stay mad for long :)

Ashley said...

Holy Cow!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, He is GOOD! Or should I say bad:) He will definitely keep you on your toes! So glad he came back safe and sound. Reading your posts remind me of our trip with you to the condo in Atlantic City. We have got to plan one of these weekends together sometime!! We miss you guys so much!!