
We did not do friend parties this year, so I asked her how she wanted to celebrate. She was adamant about having a "PRINCESS TEA PARTY."

So, I busted out the fine china (including the tea cups and saucers that I have NEVER used in the last 10 years) and had a breakfast fit for a princess! She wanted pancakes - of ALL varieties - chocolate chip, blueberry and plain. We had sausage, canteloupe, orange juice and HOT CHOCOLATE as our "tea."
She LOVED it. As a matter of fact, SEVERAL times during the day, she would spontaneously hug me and say "thank you so much for my princess breakfast." Oh, how my heart melted.She then had a soccer game, in which she played AWESOME. She REALLY wanted to score a goal on her birthday...she didn't, but she sure did try hard. We were very proud of her.
We then came home and called our neighbors to see if they wanted to go see "Beverly Hills Chihuahua." After the movie we had a princess castle cake. Not one of my bests, I was in a hurry and the icing was not cooperating. I was muttering about it under my breath, and Leah came up to me and said, "Mom, I love my cake, I think it is beautiful and that is all that really matters." What a sweetheart.


While the girls were at the movie, Daddy and the boys composed a Birthday song for Leah. It is so hysterical, that it deserves its own separate post. That will be coming soon (I will try not to make you wait a week for it).
Leah has quite a happy-go-lucky attitude, and I am trying to embrace some of that myself. She is a hard worker, athletic, very affectionate, and I musn't forget...quite stylish. We love our little Leah and enjoyed her celebration - princess style!
1 comment:
What a great birthday! I love the cake! You are such a great Mom.
Post a Comment