Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Afton!

Our eldest child turned 9 years old!

I can't believe how quickly time flies when you are having fun.
Here are a few cute pics of little one growing up...




She had some great hair in her younger years, don't you think?

Afton is such a joy to parent...she is obedient, thoughtful and compassionate - pretty cool traits for a 9 year old. She LOVES to read...as a matter of fact, she started the Harry Potter series at the beginning of summer (the day we left for our first summer vacation, June 13th to be exact) and here we are three months later and she is almost finished with Book 6... she plowed through those huge books at quite the quick pace. She is enjoying school and is a very diligent student. She does a mean "robot" and loves to ride her new bike (that is what she got for her birthday).

We had one of our friends over last night to share cake - I made an oreo ice cream cake at Afton's request...it was super yummy (I will share the recipe in my next post).



Afty, we love you and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having you as part of our family! Happy Birthday, Sweetie!

5 comments:

Deon said...

Happy Birthday, Afton!!! You are my favorite 9 year old!!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Afton! She is growing up so fast. Leland has worn all of those outfits in the old pictures except the last one. She's growing up too fast too.

Nana said...

Happy Birthday Afton, I love you so very much. I love so many things about you. You are obedient, artistic and so interested in history and science.
I'm looking forward to taking you to a Special Show in December as a belated Birthday present. Love, Nana

Meredith said...

I think that your children, especially Afton, look beautiful!

Carter Family said...

Happy, happy birthday, Afty! You are really growing up so fast! Look at all things you know how to do that you didn't just a few years ago! Your dance moves have improved, math, writing, sciences, and, of course, the piano . . . you are one amazing girl! I sure miss you and all your fun stories that you'd share with me!

Amy