Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend Fun

Happy Belated Mother's Day. What a wonderful weekend I had! My sister, her family, and friend all came in to town. We had a great time visiting, playing games, going to the Science Center, shopping, and cooking!

The boys watched the kiddos so that we could cook (they felt that would be better than trying to cook for us, and I agreed).

Our desserts from the magazine "Simple and Delicious" - the most important dishes!

Fruit Pizza

Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight


The cousins enjoyed playing.



The kids all made lovely Mother's Day cards for me. Afton made me some bookmarks and Leah gave me wave petunia plants in a pot she decorated at school. My whole family gave me a Lawn Buddy full of gardening goodies. I loved it because the kids and I are totally in to gardening right now (garden pics to come in the future).

I am so grateful to my family for all the love they show me - not just on Mother's Day, but always...I am blessed to be their mother. Also, I want to wish my own mother and mother-in-law a Happy Mother's Day. Two AMAZING women that I feel blessed to have in my life!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

The picture of you and Ash is cute, but makes me sad I am not there. I also love Nick and Leland laying on our childhood blanket. Glad you had a nice mother's day- you are a wonderful mom!

Anonymous said...

So glad you're back! I've been missing your posts. The desserts look incredible! I'm sure they beat our mac and cheese by leaps and bounds:)

Sam and Josh said...

Looks like you had a fun Mothers Day and your kids are so cute.