Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Two Kids in diapers...not so bad

Nicholas is potty trained now and actually feels so confident about it, that he insists on going to the potty by himself. When he just has to go "peeps" I let him "take care of business" by himself because TYPICALLY does a pretty good job aiming, drying off and washing his hands. Today, however, I walk into the bathroom only to find "moisture" all over the wall, baseboards and floor! I could not tell if it was peeps or just the result of extra-vigorous hand washing. As I clean it up, I ask Nicholas what happened, to which he responded,"Noah did it" (his usual response to anything he may get in trouble for). So, even though I suspected it was peeps, I let it go....UNTIL, I walk into the bathroom during his next potty break only to find him aiming STRAIGHT UP IN THE AIR and letting his pee cascade around him like a FOUNTAIN! He was so proud of himself. So, now I know where all the "moisture" came from. Needless to say, we had a long talk about where pee-pee goes - into the potty, NOT up in the air. At this point I am thinking, why was I in such a big dang hurry to get him potty trained, having two kids in diapers wasn't so bad now was it??!!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Sounds fun potty training a boy. Good Luck with that.

Suzanne said...

Oh, I am so glad I have a girl! Poor Noah needs to start talking soon so he can defend himself.

PS. I am so glad for the blog update.

Laura Hennessee said...

Hilarious! I laughed and laughed -- I know Ben will enjoy this too.

Jodee said...

That scares me, I have no idea what to do with a boy in that area! EEEK!

Cristie said...

Sooooo cute!! I can picture my boys doing the same thing!