Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Cousins-Part 2

We started Memorial Day Weekend in Charlottesville, VA. Todd had some business there and we wanted to visit with my Aunt Barbara and her family and also let the kids see the grounds of the University of Virginia (Todd's old stomping grounds).



I used to visit my Aunt Barbara quite a bit. In the summer of 1982, we took this picture in one of the gardens on the UVA grounds (I had trouble scanning it in, sorry for the long line??!).


We decided to re-create the pic some 26 years later...

All the kids wanted to join in.


The whole family:


Joseph was our photographer (thanks, Joe). We timed the visit just right because both boys were home for a short time before heading out - Adam to Chicago and Joe to London. We had a great visit filled with laughter and walking down memory lane. We enjoyed our time together! Good luck Adam and Joe on your exciting summer adventures!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

So cute. Sorry that we missed the fun day. I love the old picture of you. It makes me realize that Afton actually looks a lot like you did.

Danielle said...

Hi Christine!

I found your blog through Ashley's comment on Gina's blog. It was so fun to catch up with your family and see your cute kids. Glad to hear you are doing well.

Danielle www.bloggingwithboys.blogspot.com

Suzanne said...

You haven't changed on bit in 26 years! And Afton does resemble you a lot. Mom has been saying all week how much Emily looks like you when you were her age. I love the picture of you and Todd by yourselves and the family one with Noah cheesing and showing all his teeth. Can't wait to see you in 1 month!!!!