Friday, February 15, 2008

You can even be a Rock Star...

A quote from Todd's Valentine's Day card to me: "I know deep down - even more than flowers, you really want to be up on stage. So instead of roses, I bought you 'Guns and Roses'... and The Who and The Red Hot Chili Peppers. That's right, your romantic gift this year is Rock Band." How romantic is that??? If you know me well, you would say, SO ROMANTIC! Oh, I just love him, he knows me SO well! Rock Band is very similar to Guitar Hero, but you have a guitar, drums and a microphone for the lead singer (that's ME)! It is great for our family because we can get another guitar and 4 can play at a time. If you have read my previous post, you already know that I have a secret desire to be a Rock Star and Todd (as a supportive husband should) is helping make my dreams come true (on our living room stage, of course). So, we have named our band 'FoxFire Peach' (I grew up on Foxfire Road and Todd grew up on Peach Grove Ave). We stayed up until after midnight last night "performing" and establishing our fan base! It was hardwork, but well worth it! I'll keep you posted (with pics and videos) on the success of our band - Rock On!

6 comments:

Jodee said...

So much fun! I have never played Rock Band but I know for sure that with Guitar Hero, sometimes you actually feel like a real rock star! have fun!

Carter Family said...

That is the best idea I have ever heard of. I don't think amy would go for it but I was able to convince her to buy an Xbox on the premise that it would only be be used for Karaoke Revolution. I guess the appeal of the stage is more universal than I thought.
Bryce

Nana said...

I can't picture how it all works but sounds like you all are having fun. I love the name "FoxfirePeach".

Keri Edwards said...

Ohhh, I am so jealous. I want to be in your band!!! Can you guys adopt me? I could be back up when someone is missing! It really hurts me that I cannot be there. We have to figure out a time and place to get together.

Keri Edwards said...

P.S. --I still want to see a picture of Todd in that face bra contraption-- please?

Anonymous said...

We are dying to see Foxfire Peach in concert...When will you be performing in UT? We have been waiting a very long time to hear Todd and 'Steen live out here!