
Wednesday evening, my family celebrated with a "cookie cake" and song.
On Thursday, we took the kids out of school early and drove down to Todd's parents (thanks Mimi and PopPop)~ Todd planned a relaxing getaway for the two of us. We spent Thursday evening at the Joshua Wilton house. We had a quaint room with a fireplace, I loved it! We also had a delicious dinner at the restaurant there and an amazing breakfast the next morning.

We got up on Friday and went to the temple, which was uplifting, as usual, and extra relaxing because we weren't trying to rush home and relieve whoever happened to be watching our kids. After the temple, we headed over to Leesburg to do some outlet shopping. I was in need of some "church" clothes. We had fun hanging out with each other all day. We drove back to our house Friday evening and will be here until Sunday with no kids...so fun and so wierd at the same time. It is WAY quiet!! We are getting projects done, I am blogging (obviously), we are going to cook a yummy dinner tonight and watch a movie. Tomorrow we will go to church (with no kids - what will I do with myself) and then pick the kids up after church tomorrow. We have talked to the kids a few times and they are having a GREAT time, which makes our time away even more enjoyable, because I am not worrying about them. Right now, Todd is coaching at a wrestling match, and I decided to stay at home to clean up, organize some closets, and blog. It has been a wonderful and relaxing birthday, thank you Todd for planning it! It takes the STING out of turning 35 - somewhat :-)

9 comments:
Woo! Weee loooveeee yoooouuu tooooo.
Happy Birthday Christine!
Leah's Wooo! at the end cracked us up so much.
Congrats!
Happy Birthday! You don't look a day over 29! I will be 33 this year (oh, I mean 29).
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Christine!
Happy Birthday to you! So jealous you got a few nights without kids! how fun!
Happy Birthday!If you are 35,that makes me...???
Oh dear:-) Not good.
I enjoyed the birthday song...Afton's do....you...true and Leah's Woo made a nice birthday memory. But I couldn't figure out the reason for the sisterly punch. Love Ya, Mom
that was very sweet, I loved the song! Happy Birthday Christine, I am glad you got to enjoy a little vacation at home! Sometimes that is even better than going somewhere for vacation.
Happy B-Day, Christine! Sounds like you had lots of fun. How nice to have time to yourself.
How cute! I think they loooooove yoooooou, yes it is truuuuuuuue! How cute!
I hope you had a nice birthday, big sis!
Post a Comment